Monday, March 19, 2012

Pressing on towards the goal

(Rebecca Hawkins serving the Hospitality House in England in 2007)
Life is so hard to plan. I am trying my best, but it seems like everything is waiting on everything else. An example of this we cannot get a specific assignment until we have enough funds. I believe we won't get enough funds until we have a specific assignment. Paradoxes like these are what requires us to live by faith. Right now I am in the moment of wanting to "do." God continues to tell me to "rest." You see my dilemma.

Well we do have a plan at least (even if God makes a few tweaks to it). Elaine and I have decided we would like to be back in the field by October. That will give us enough time to adjust to the new baby boy, time to visit many of you and time raise the funds necessary to survive in the field.

I understand that in the upcoming months hearing me ask for support might get old (and I understand that) but please understand it is our livelihood and we must do it. It is the very nature of the calling we have accepted. So please if you can see our vision and want to help, we need your support. We really desire to see the dark and lonely lives of unsaved servicemen brightened by loving hospitality, family and fellowship of believers.
For His Glory,
Wes
(A group of Airmen outside our house in Alaska having a little impromptu prayer)

No comments:

Post a Comment