Friday, August 10, 2012

K-Love Pledge Drive

If you are like me you change the radio station every time K-Love does their pledge drive. I'm sure this is a maturity issue with me, but I can't stand the idea of being asked for financial support all-day-long. I just get annoyed with it. But like many areas in my life, when the Lord wants to shape me (my patiences, my pride) he hits me where it hurts.
Every time I have Tweeted, Facebook messaged, Blogged or asked someone for help during this support raising phase of life, I feel like I am doing unto other what I hate done to me. So I struggle with doing what God is asking us to do.
This is just another thing God does to remind us of the Truth. You see, the truth is, Elaine and I can't minister to the military without others. We are in need and cannot continue on our mission (just like K-Love) unless we ask. Please understand this blog is merely a confession to all of you about where my heart is right now.
Let me end by saying this if you are starting to get frustrated with us constantly asking for financial help during this season, please bear with us. It will be over soon enough. God is definitely moving right now and we are getting closer and closer to to heading back to the field. Personally, I can't wait to share the stories about ministry on the ground once we are back in the field instead of asking for help all the time.
Please continue to pray for God to shape our hearts and minds and to provide for our needs to get back into the field.
We love you friends,
Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment