Thursday, March 26, 2009

I don't know where I'm-a gonna go...

...when the volcano blows!

As many of you know Mt. Redoubt has been rumbling and threatening for a month now and earlier this week she blew her top and has erupted several times since then. Wes and I were out of town during the first few eruptions in a little southeastern coastal town called Seward. It was a nice little getaway, but more on that later.

Between our drive home from Seward, and staying put here in Eagle River we've had plenty of opportunity to encounter ash fall but luckily have not. As you can see Redoubt is about 100 miles SW of us, and so far the wind has not been blowing it this far. This mornings most recent eruption went to 65,000 feet (I think the biggest so far).

Of all the natural disasters I least expected to ever deal with this is probably near the top of the list! (I would kind of like a little lava if we're going to have a volcano) It's a little exciting, mostly because it's pretty far away and has not interrupted my life yet. But pray for safety, I don't want to get too excited while everyone is covering their windows and cars in plastic!

I'll keep you updated (probably through "comments" on this post).

Love,
Elaine

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never been near a volcano -- it sounds pretty exciting. Stay safe! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna land where i did go....do you know how many favors i had to call in to arrange a volcano ? ......pray all stays well ! .....our love to all , enjoy all creation, God is truly GREAT !

    dad, denise, & all

    ReplyDelete